Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Yumday: Easy Stuffed Shells

Hey Guys! Today, I was lucky enough to get a day off (and my boyfriend did too!).  I was able to put together a nice yummy dinner for us.  This recipe is EASY, I love cooking and have cooked many things but this by far is one of the easiest ones!
YUM!

You need just a few simple ingredients!  
12 oz Jumbo Shells (1 box usually)  
26 oz total of spaghetti sauce 
35 meatballs (my bag has 66 about)  
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
13X9 Pan
A sheet of Aluminum Foil

My sauce actually only had 24 oz and it turned out just fine!

Directions
1) Cook the pasta as directed
How I did it: Im on a college budget, so I don't have a huge pan yet.  I used two smaller sized pots to boil the full box of shells, it was much easier to stir that way.
2) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
3) Drain and rinse in cold water
A few of my shells ended up breaking--I used those as testers.  
There were a lot more shells than I thought! Had more than enough

4) Thaw out your meatballs(35) as directed in microwave
5) Spray down the 13X9 pan with cooking spray and place
1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan

6) Put one meatball in each shell and place in pan
What I did: I started doing it nicely in rows but after the pan was filled,
I stuck them wherever I could which was easier than it seems.
7) Pour remaining sauce over the top of the shells. Use spatula to spread out


Yummy!
                               8) Sprinkle the cheese on top and place in oven for 30 minutes after
                                  placing aluminum foil over the top of the pan
9) After the 30 minutes, the cheese won't be completely melted yet
Remove the foil and place back in the oven until cheese is fully melted
(Mine was 5-6 minutes)
                                          10) Leave sit for just a few to let everything settle
                                                                              ENJOY
                        Hope everyone's Monday was great!
                        Talk to you later,
                                                   Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment